PLEASE READ THESE DETAILS BEFORE FILING THE ONLINE APPLICATION BELOW!
The Vernon Jazz Society hosts 20 or so bi-weekly gigs each year from September through June at the Vernon Jazz Club.
The Sept 2017 to Dec 2017 season is now fully booked. All applications will be kept on file. If you wish to be presented for January 2018 to Dec 2018, please be in touch with Brian McMahon, our Director of Bookings, via the following application form. Booking will start in July 2017. As well, please note that as part of your application, you will be asked to send several tracks of your current music as a representation of the music you would like to perform at our club. Need more info? Click here to contact Brian (Select the Bookings drop-down item).
We are able to provide a Yamaha C108 piano, Peace BeBop drum kit (no cymbals), house PA system, stage monitors, music stands, 8 gelled floodlights and a qualified sound technician – at no cost to the bands.
As well, we provide the following publicity for all the bands we book:
- Listed on website from beginning of each new season (http://vernonjazz.ca)
- Listed in Line-up ad in Vernon’s The Morning Star (local newspaper) at start of each new season
- Listed for two weeks prior in Live Wire section of Morning Star (Fridays)
- Highlighted on VJS website two weeks before the gig
- Several posters displayed around Vernon – 12 days before gig
- 4 small display ads – 2 in Morning Star and 2 in Morning Star Daily
- 500+ word promo piece in Morning Star on the Wednesday prior
- Email sent out to 150+ members 12 days before gig
- Listed on season line-ups which are available at the door and on “table toppers”
- Mentioned on CBC’s Hot Air at 5:55 on evening of gig
Interested in performing at the Vernon Jazz Club?
Before you request a booking…click here for a map…We are located in Vernon, BC, Canada.