Thank you for your interest in performing at the Vernon Jazz Club.
PLEASE READ THESE DETAILS BEFORE FILLING IN THE ONLINE APPLICATION BELOW!
The Vernon Jazz Society hosts 20 or so bi-weekly gigs each year from September through June at the Vernon Jazz Club.
The Sept 2018 to May 2019 season is now fully booked. All applications will be kept on file.
If you wish to be presented for September 2019 to May 2020, please be in touch with Paul Hunter, our Director of Bookings, via the following application form. Please note that as part of your application, you will be asked to send recordings of your current music as a representation of the music you would like to perform at our club.
We are able to provide a Yamaha C108 piano, Peace BeBop drum kit (no cymbals), house PA system, stage monitors, music stands, 8 gelled floodlights and a qualified sound technician – at no cost to the bands.
As well, we provide the following publicity for all the bands we book:
- Listed on website from beginning of each new season (http://vernonjazz.com)
- Featured as an Event on our Facebook page
- Listed in Line-up ad in Vernon’s The Morning Star (local newspaper) at start of each new season
- Listed for two weeks prior in Live Wire section of Morning Star (Fridays)
- Featured on VJS homepage two weeks before the gig
- 4 small display ads – 2 in Morning Star and 2 in Morning Star Daily
- 500+ word promo piece in Morning Star on the Wednesday prior
- Email sent out to Vernon Jazz Club members a week before gig
- Listed on season line-ups which are available at the door and on “table toppers”
- Mentioned on CBC’s Hot Air at 5:55 on evening of gig
Interested in performing at the Vernon Jazz Club?
Before you request a booking…click here for a map…We are located in Vernon, BC, Canada.